Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sarah Palin enters DC politics, again

Sarah Palin is keeping her name in the news, and has started a new political action committee.  
I feel like I should not mention the name of the PAC, but I suppose I have to.
Here it goes.
I am never a fan when one includes their own name in a business/political entity. Maybe this is just my thinking, but one might as well yell 
"HEY, LOOK AT ME, I AM IMPORTANT!!!! MY NAME IS PART OF AN ORGANIZATION."
I remember thinking the same thing when Hillary Clinton formed HillPAC, the now defunct PAC.
And if you go to the link for SarahPAC, look at the logo. The continental 48 with Alaska inside. My question is "Where did Hawaii go?"  Maybe she wishes Hawaii was not a state, then she could be Vice President right now, instead of the next Dan Quayle. (after viewing that video, go here.)

Seriously, though, the signifigance of this new PAC is yet to be seen.  Palin has good ideas and a large following, but changing the party won't be easy.
Here is an excerpt from her page:

Dedicated to building America's future, supporting fresh ideas and candidates who share our vision for reform and innovation. 

SarahPAC believes America's best days are ahead. Our country, founded on conservative principles and the fight for freedom, must confront the challenges of the 21st century with integrity, innovation, and determination.

SarahPAC believes energy independence is a cornerstone of the economic security and progress that every American family wants and deserves.

SarahPAC believes the Republican Party is at the threshold of an historic renaissance that will build a better future for all. Health care, education, and reform of government are among our key goals. Join us today.

Some of the topics she is bringing up makes me a bit curious about how she is positioning herself. With health care and education being at the top of her list, I have to wonder if she is going a little to the left?  She also talks about energy independence, something most Americans agree is important, but drastically disagree with how to accomplish it.  

Not much for actual information, but it sounds like a good start.  With Ron Paul in one corner, Sarah Palin in another, the Republican party could start to get interesting.  If they keep it up, there just may be room in the party for me (but I won't be holding my breath).  As long as big city elitists control the party (for example John McCain winning the primaries) I shall happily be independent and vote for whomever I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment